It's one of the three departments under development and scientific research directorate and reports to it directly, the main responsibility of the department is to monitor and evaluate (ME) the national strategy for nursing and midwifery and it plans and interventions in collaboration with JNC partners, and to evaluate the impact of the strategy through monitoring the strategy impact periodically. The department assists in meeting JNC mission through participating in preparing the national strategy for health and the national strategy for nursing and midwifery.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Adhering to JNC vision and mission.
- Institutionalizing ME at the national level in collaboration with partners.
- Monitoring and evaluating JNC strategies and plans in collaboration with partners
- Establishing and developing related performance indicators.
- Establishing and developing monitoring tools for JNC plans and strategies
- Building JNC staff capacity in the field of ME.
- Coordination with JNC partners to implement JNC plans through building the capacity of the liaison officers.
- Follow up the implementation and the update of the national ME dashboard.
- Building JNC staff capacity and liaison officers in the field of ME and electronic data entry.
- Analyzing the ME plan results.
- Preparing semiannual and annual ME reports and identifying the gaps and challenges and proposing recommendations for improvement.
- Disseminating the ME report results to improve nursing service.
- Any other assigned tasks by the director or by JNC SG.